Wednesday, December 3, 2014

A Little Book Fair Fun

Hi friends! It's Haley from My Silly Firsties! Next week is one of my FAVORITE times of the year. IT's BOOK FAIR week. I LOVE books...but something about buying from the book fair is just more fun that buying from Amazon. Why is that?!

Anyway...the babies are super excited too. Yesterday we got to watch some little Scholastic previews about the books they would see at the fair and our fabulous librarian talked with them about how it would work.

They don't deliver the books until Friday, so our preview day is Monday. Until then, we let them look over the book orders and choose some books they were hoping to get. WELL...it just so happened that we are writing reviews and persuasive pieces in writing right now. So I whipped up these little books for them, and we read I Wanna Iguana as a mentor text. We talked about the ways Alex talked his mom into getting him the iguana and how they could use that in their writing.


Then I had them cut the books out that they were hoping to get and glue them on their little books.




I absolutely 100% love their letters to their parents! 









So...here's the thing. I whipped those up at school and they aren't as cute as I wanted. So I made some cuter ones for my friends! 



Just click the picture to grab your copy! :) I hope you can use this! I made an additional cover that says Book Order in case you want to do the activity with a monthly book order. 13 wake ups before Christmas Break! We can do it!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment