Saturday, April 25, 2015

Super Word Problems Freebie

Hey everyone! It's Heather from Second Grade Perks. My class has been working on word problems this week. We have the basic one step problems down but struggle with two step and unknowns. I made this super hero freebie to share with you.


It uses three digit numbers with regrouping and has problems involving two-step and unknowns. I use this one of two ways with my class. The first way is I put the color version on the overhead and solve together or on white boards.


The other way we used this was I let the class work in groups. I gave each group a black and white version to glue to the top of a piece of construction paper. They solved and checked their work. Then I had them come to the projector and explain to the class how they got their answer and how they checked it.


It includes 8 word problems in color and black and white. Click on any of the pictures to grab this freebie.

Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment