Friday, April 10, 2015

Poetry Fun and a FREEBIE

Hello there! Did you know that April is National Poetry Month? I'll be honest--it wasn't until I started teaching did I learn this!

Poetry is something that I expose my little friends to all the time! Every chance I get, I use it! Science, math, shared reading--all the time, ya'll! They always love it! Plus, reading it often helps build fluency!

When it comes to teaching my friends to write poetry, we typically start with sensory poetry because it is easy for them to relate to and write.

Here are a few examples that we made in class together. They always have so much fun being creative!



Want to try this with your class? Go for it! Grab this FREEBIE to get your little ones started.



If you love this freebie, take a peak at this Poetry unit.  It's perfect for K-2 learners!


Have a super weekend!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment