Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Super Time Tellers!

Hey everyone! It's Aimee from Primarily Speaking!  I'm popping in to share a quick and easy review activity with you today.

http://primarily-speaking.blogspot.com/

Back in December, my second graders learned to tell time to the five minute mark, and we've been working on it ever since.  Time is one of those skills that needs to be reviewed often. In other words, it takes time to learn to tell time.  With that said, we spent a few days in math last week reviewing this skill.  By this point, I've pretty much used all the resources I have, so I decided to make a quick I Spy game.



I posted the cards around the room. The kids visited each card and wrote down the time shown on each one.  Since the students are moving around and attending to a series of tasks, they are engaged and focused the whole time.  And, that always makes my teacher heart very, very happy.

I Spy is HUGE in my classroom. The kids love to get up and wander around the room as they do their work.  I tell them to pretend they are spies and have them move around the room as such.  I wish you could see them moving from one card to the next, it's pretty hilarious.  And, it makes for a super duper quiet activity.

If you're looking to add to your telling time resources, you can grab a free copy of this time activity by clicking {HERE}.  Enjoy!

Also, be sure to grab my Time Check freebie on TPT.  It's a quick and easy way to review this skill on a daily basis!


 
Toodles!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much! My kids love to travel around the room... and heaven knows they need all the time review they can get! :)
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete