Thursday, June 18, 2015

Earth & Martian Words! {freebie}

The end of the school year is quickly coming, but I'm already thinking about back to school.
I can't help myself!!!

This was one of my favorite games to play with my first graders at the beginning of the year!
It's called Earth & Martian Words.
It's a SUPER fun way to build fluency with CVC words.
What six year old wouldn't want to read martian words! ;)

It's really easy to play too.
You need two game boards...one with Earth words, one with Martian words.


The first option for playing is to simply take turns reading a word and covering it with a counter/penny or anything you have!  
This is how I play at the very beginning of the year.  
The kids choose whether they want to read an Earth word or Martian word.

The second way to play is to roll a dice. 
If the number is even, the player reads an Earth word and covers it.
If the number is odd, the player reads a Martian words and covers it.
Easy peasy! ;)



Your kids will be fluent little CVC readers in no time at all!
And they'll have fun doing it. :)

You can grab this FREEBIE in my store! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment