Sunday, October 19, 2014

Jeannine {Creative Lesson Cafe}

Hi everyone! It's Jeannine from Creative Lesson Cafe. I am beyond excited to begin this SUPER new blogging adventure with so many amazing teachers here at Primary Powers!

Photobucket
Here is a little bit about me...

I teach second grade at my neighborhood school in the great state of Michigan! I also mentor student teachers in their mission to become superteachers! :)  It's an amazing feeling to be able to experience the magic of learning. Teaching is the best job in the whole world! This is my 25th year as a classroom teacher. Wow!

I am a busy mom to one incredible 16 year old. When I can drag him away from homework or gaming with his buds... we like to do simple things like hang out at the outdoor mall or go out to eat. The two of us love summer vacation and anything having to do with fun in the sun!

You might have guessed that I LOVE coffee. I also like to play around with graphics to make cute decorations and creative activities for my classroom. That is how this whole adventure started!!!

Enough about ME...Let's talk about my kiddos! Of all of the things that my second graders need to master, math fact fluency is the thing they struggle with most.
 I like to mix up their practice to make them think it's a game and not work!
 It's my superpower~ mind control! 

My class really enjoys a chance to get up and move, so I started creating some Scoot activities.
 They can also be used as task cards at centers or for fast finishers. 

Presenting...Superhero Subtraction Scoot!


I have two versions to share with you today! 



To grab a copy of the level you would like for your class, just click on one of the pictures!

I sure would love to see you ZOOM on over to my Creative Lesson Cafe blog and follow my classroom adventures there too.
 Stop back here every day to meet the rest of the PRIMARY POWERS!
 I can't wait to see what INCREDIBLE things are coming our way!

In case you missed it, be sure to enter the huge giveaway we are having to celebrate our new blog!

Until next time... Go out and save the world- one child at a time!
:)



6 comments:

  1. I love this Scoot set! My ink supply thanks you for offering black and white versions of the cards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great! I know that a colored printer is not a luxury some teachers have. Everything I print in color has to be done at home and it adds up. I am happy that you were able to stop by to grab this activity for your class! Have fun with it!

      Jeannine

      Delete
  2. Switched to Title I Reading and Math this year...these are a BIG help!! Thanks so very much for sharing them!! (Loved hearing about your son...and you, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you so sweet! Thanks for stopping by for my post today Jody! It's great that you can use the scoot cards with your Title 1 students! I hope they will get some great practice with the activity! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 5-year old is into superheroes lately so the Level One is PERFECT for him! I love coffee too - couldn't get my engines started in the morning without it! Thanks for the freebie!

    cheriemae@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cherie! I'm so happy you stopped by here today! I'm glad you are able to use this activity with your son. I hope he loves it! :)

    ReplyDelete