Saturday, November 22, 2014

Super Turkey Sight Words

Happy Saturday, Everyone!

It's Leslie from First Grade Frenzy!

Not sure about all of you, but I know that I am always trying to come up with some fun ways to encourage sight word recognition and fluency in my class. Sometimes, I feel like that is all we ever do ... we really work on these words OFTEN! I know that it could be VERY dry ... but there are lots of fun ways to incorporate these words into our lessons. My students love literacy centers. So I try to create sight word games that are theme related, and that my students are already familiar with.

We have already celebrated Thanksgiving north of the border ... and Thanksgiving in the U.S.A. is just around the corner...

So, throw in some dolch words, add some turkey, and POW! it with some Primary Powers .. and VOILA! You have Super Turkey Sight Word Games!


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment