Monday, November 17, 2014

A Jar Full of Thanks {Aimee}

Hey everyone!  It's Aimee from Primarily Speaking.  In November, many of us encourage our students to think about the things they are thankful for.  It's the perfect tie in to Thanksgiving, of course!  I thought it would be fun to share one of the ways I'm doing this in my classroom this year.  It's a quick and easy idea, I promise!

Introducing our "thankful jar."




This super fancy "jar" is a place for students to share their thankful thoughts.  To make the jar, I took an empty tissue box and wrapped it in brown construction paper. Then, I cut out a turkey head and some feathers and glued them as shown.  It took less than 10 minutes to create.  But, if crafty projects aren't your thing, a simple (actual) jar or a small basket would do just fine!

I placed small strips of paper next to our thankful jar and told the students they could use them to write a sentence about what they are thankful for.  I'm not limiting the students as to how many thankful thoughts they are allowed to share.  I say, be as thankful as you want and share as much as you can!

Nothing fancy, or even cute about these slips of paper. ;)  We read a few thankful thoughts here and there throughout the day, and the kids love it!  Here's a look at some of the things they are thankful for.


I hope you are able to use this quick and easy idea to encourage your students to think about what they are thankful for!


2 comments: